Saturday, January 8, 2011

aveda wooden styling brush


how hard could it be,,  well bloody hard Ive trawled cyber space to hunt for the discontinued brush i have had for about 15 years,, you prob think tight bitch but i love that brush and Ive nearly lost it several times and even left it in a toilet at a camps site and got it back, but its on its last legs,, and the kids hair is super tangly this brush is the best to brush their hair,, so i give up nearly found one in Russia but couldn't get my order to go through,, Ive spent 2 hours today trying to buy this brush,, alas its sat night i give up,, promise my next post will be more riveting,,, promise,, but dont you hate it when you love something go to replace it and it isnt made any more, i cant remember other examples of this but im sure there are many,,,,,

5 comments:

  1. Discontinued! Todays bargain tomorrows frustration. Every item of make up or beauty product I've ever used and loved has been replaced, superseded with new improved (NOT), repackaged (usually to reduce the quantity), cost inflated imposters. I always change brands when this happens since it's not about making the customer happy with a better product but a marketing ploy to make us buy more...running out of brands now :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have desperately tried to find a new one of these brushes. I am so frustrated

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that. I did a live chat with the Aveda folks and they said the only way to find it is a salon that has old stock! Not easy to do. I just don't get why they would discontinue a popular and one of a kind product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, my wife has this brush and it is also about dead. I realized i needed to try to find her another one after she started refering to it as "Her Precious." Anyone have any leads? Please post here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I eventually got one by searching all the foreign eBay sites I think it was from Russia in the end but I did get one !!

    ReplyDelete